Yes, WEBTOON withholds tax on the payment of royalties from sources in the US. The withholding rate depends on the Tax treaty between the US and your country of residence. We highly recommend you to reach out to a tax professional for more information.
Articles in this section
- Is there any helpful source that I can use for tax related matter?
- Can I input my information in Spanish (or other language) when I fill out the application?
- What language can I use to fill out the application?
- What is a USA tax identification number?
- Can I get tax advice from WEBTOON?
- Will I receive a 1042-S form?
- Will I receive a 1099-MISC form?
- Does WEBTOON withhold any taxes from my payments?
- I am a US citizen living outside of the US and I don’t earn income in the US. Which tax form should I fill out?
- In which format can I upload my Tax Form?